Friday, June 5, 2009

Hello, Summertime.

Woooboy. I'm really glad May is over with. My usually healthy boys passed a virus back and forth and to Jeff and I for weeks. Ear infections for both of them (not at the same time, of course). Roseola. Bronchitis. Sinus infection. Coughs/runny nose/congestion for all. Oh, and I woke up with pink eye one day. Fantastic. Thankfully, I can say we're all feeling well now!

Last week we went camping at Lake Mitchell in Cadillac, thanks to my Mom and her fantastic idea. Even though it started off wet, the boys had fun riding their bikes in the nearly empty campground. I never knew a puddle of water could entertain two toddlers for hours. And I mean hours. Unfortunately for Adam, the last day we were able to spend up there was the best weather of the entire trip...but the afternoon was spent in the ER, waiting to be diagnosed with an ear infection. Poor baby.

That trip wasn't so relaxing for us adults, of course. Camping isn't that much fun with a crawler - there isn't a whole lot he can do at this stage. So, you can imagine I was thrilled to get away for a night to go camping in South Haven with my Mommy and my Aunt. It was just the ticket - kid-free for over 24 hours. And with two people who are fun-loving and require game-playing! It was awesome and I wish I could re-charge like that every week!

And today, it's a beautiful day so we got out of the house early and headed to the FM Gardens. It was good to get out in the fresh air and have fun. Adam enjoyed the little hand puppet area more than I thought he would, which was cute. He liked the butterfly the best. Miles had fun splashing around in the "Great Lakes" area. I remembered a change of clothes for him, but forgot my camera. I never seem to have it when I want to take pictures...grrrrr.

I officially welcome summer. Here's to warm weather, sunscreen, sand, sunscreen, skinned knees, sunscreen, popsicles, sunscreen, and good times.

Did I mention sunscreen? ;)

1 comment:

jvandy said...

and don't forget Miss Pettigrew!