Friday, June 6, 2008

You start at the very beginning...

...a very good place to start....

Me? Blogging? I never would have predicted I would start a blog. This year, however, we had a speaker at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) encourage us moms to keep a journal - writing about anything and/or everything- from the mundane to the noteworthy. Often, i've thought to myself "I should write this down - I don't want to forget Adam/Miles doing/saying this!" All of this brings me to this place where I can reflect upon the happenings in the Gray Household: The funny things Adam says; The cute things Miles is just starting to do as a wide-eyed 3 month old; The tantrums and chaos; The quiet times, and maybe a little about me as well.

So, let's begin.

I love babies. What I really love, however, is when they stop being little baby who just needs to eat/sleep/burp all the time, and literally "wake up" to notice the world around them for the first time. In the last two weeks, Miles has made this exciting transition. He now follows us with his eyes, returns our ridiculously huge in-your-face smiles with his gummy baby smiles, and coos back at us. Interestingly enough, and perhaps not surprising, he loves watching Adam. When he watches Adam I wonder what he is thinking. Does Adam seem like the fun body that never stops moving? The little body that makes loud siren noises? Sings his John Deere song over and over and over again? All I know is that even at this young age, they make each other smile and as a mother, I wish them a lifetime of smiles.

2 comments:

Rachel Hammond said...

Congrats on starting your blog - very exciting! I love watching my kids interact too and watching their personalities emerge!

Kristin said...

aww man now does this mean I need to start a blog?!