Tuesday, October 13, 2009

James 1:22

We're living with our inlaws for a few weeks while we're between houses (long story for another day, but i'm beginning to hate realtors). On Sunday, I took Adam to Peace Church after Kris told me that the morning service this week was geared towards children Adam's age. I'll admit it: I went reluctantly, wishing I was the one who got to stay behind with Miles (who really, really hates nursery, and with flu season upon us, it's just better he stays home).

I'll also admit it was cute sitting in church (front row, of course!) watching Adam cuddle up to Grandpa Gray during the service. Seeing that brought many memories of sitting next to MY grandparents in church. I remembered my Grandma Springstead rubbing my hand and my Grandpa Springstead slipping me Velamints every now and then. Velamints. No longer made (that I know of), but I swear I can still taste their odd mintiness.

Fast forward to Tuesday night. We asked him if he remembered the verse that was repeated numerous times in the service. Sure enough, the little bugger who I thought was at times barely paying attention, remembered the verse and recited it word for word.

"James 1:22. Do not merely listen to the word and so deceive yourselves, do what it says. James 1:22."

Amazing. Isn't God awesome? As I listened to my 4 year old recite the verse word for word, I was so impressed. Only God could plant those words in his heart, two days after the service.

Clearly he is ready for Awana...right, Kristin? :)

2 comments:

KS said...

Wow! What a smartie! When I was in Kindergarten we had to memorize one verse for each letter of the alphabet and I'm pretty sure I know most of them to this day :). Kids that age are such little sponges!

Kristin said...

wow, that IS impressive! Good job Adam! Perhaps he is ready for Awana indeed. Do they still even do that program? haha.