Thursday, October 8, 2009

Goodbye, 7146 Thorncrest.

Last night I met the new owner at the house and officially turned over the keys. The boys said their goodbyes by running around like banchees in the empty, shell of a house. Last night was just a formality to me, as I shed tears as I packed up boxes and moved out of the house this past weekend. I got particularly emotional with the boys' rooms...packing up the nursery and seeing the informal growth chart on the wall was expecially nostalgic and emotional, for obvious reasons.

We moved into Thorncrest with one on the way, and we moved out as a family of four. It's unbelieveable when I think of how much our life changed while living there.

Some great memories of that house:
  • The time I was mowing the lawn, hugely pregnant with Adam, and a nice lawn service crew told me to stop, and they finished the mowing for me. I was greatful and embarrased at the same time, for I must've looked so pathetic for them to stop and offer to help.
  • Bringing both boys home from the hospital
  • Finding out I was pregnant with Miles
  • All of the "firsts" that occured here with regards to both boys
  • Painting every square inch of the interior, bit by bit (yes, I like painting)
  • The massive efforts involved in the fall-clean up, thanks to 3 oak trees
  • My crazy fun (and a wee bit strange) neighbor Lois

But of course, there are things I won't miss, including the drafty windows, fast-moving traffic on our street, the wet floor of the garage in the winter or after a big rain, and the refrigerator that managed to freeze my produce on a regular basis. Stupid refrigerator.

So...onward and upward, ready to create new memories in a new house. Ready to find the perfect wall to start tracking height growth - for both boys this time, not just Adam. Ready to pick out a new slew of paint colors, and get to work on updating the interior as time allows. Ready to create a new home for our family, comfy and cozy as can be.

No comments: