Friday, November 14, 2008

Sleep, glorious sleep!

I almost don't dare to write about this new development, for fear that I'll jinx it, but here goes.

Miles has slept through the night every night this week! This is amazing! Not only that, but he has also chosen this very week to nap! For more than 20 minutes at a time! Twice a day! Folks, this is fantastic! Better late than never, they say, and I feel like I've hit the mommy jackpot!

However, all is not quiet in the evenings. More nights than not, Adam wakes me up by climbing into our bed at night (why does he always come on MY side and put his knee on my head as he climbs in?). I usually let him move to the middle and if he falls asleep for a while, great. Bonus if I actually fall asleep as well. After a few hours, and before Jeff's alarm goes off, one of us carries his sleepyhead back into his room. And no, Adam, we don't want to lay down with you in your bed. Not if we can help it, anyways.

We have lots of things to be thankful over here on Thorncrest Drive, but today, for the purposes of this entry, I'm thankful for sleep.

1 comment:

KS said...

I can't imagine how tiring that must be! I'm glad you're getting some reprieve from the exhaustion :)