Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Adventures in potty training...

It's been exactly a week since Operation: Potty Training began in the Gray household. Much to my surprise, it's been smooth sailing so far, as Adam has been peeing and pooping on the potty like a champ (save for three unfortunate accidents - only one of them on the carpet!). I think the timing was just right - he is more than willing to be a big boy and go on the potty.

A few funnies:
  • He'll often say "I'm so proud of you!!" after going on the potty.
  • "Can I get an M&M now, Mommy?"
  • I was standing outside the door to the bathroom yesterday while he was trying to poop. I overheard him farting in the potty and then cracking up at the sound that it made. Repeat. I couldn't help but chuckle as well, but man - I guess fascination with farting starts young, eh?
  • In order to keep potty training in the foreground of his mind, I frequently ask him if he has to go potty. I don't know why I do this, because 9 times out of 10 he'll reply "I DON'T HAVE TO GO POTTY, OOOOK???" He much prefers to go on his own terms.
  • Jeff was walking out the door for work when Adam ran after him and said "Hey Daddy, don't go pee pee in the car, ok?" Ooook, Adam. Will do.

So yes. Much praise to my big boy, who can now be seen sporting his new Lightening McQueen tightie whities on his perfect little tushie.

It's seriously cute.

No comments: