Thursday, September 20, 2012

Preschool dropoff - the sweetest goodbye.



Miles has been in Preschool for a few weeks now, and is loving it. There were no tears for either of us on that first day, thankfully. Instead of tears, there was on a hearty goodbye from my sweetie, that has continued every day since:

"Goodbye Mom, I love you!" he calls (loudly!) from outside of the van. "Goodbye Mom, I love you!" he says, and blows me kisses. Off he walks to join the other kids, excited for the day ahead.

Melt my heart, sweet Miles. I wish I could bottle up his unabashed love for his Mommy and keep it forever, close to my heart. I know the day will come when those loud, public proclamations of love will cease. Too embarrassing, too exposed, and just plain uncool. For now, I will cherish these hearty goodbyes as long as they are offered.


First Day of Preschool, September 10, 2012


No comments: