Thursday, September 20, 2012

First Grade!



September is a busy month around here for Adam. The start of school means getting used to new routines and early bedtimes. His homework includes 10 minutes of reading each day, and preparation for Friday's spelling test. While he doesn't love doing either, I have been really impressed with his reading skills already! This week we made it through "Corderoy" and he was very proud of himself when he finished. I love to see the pride he has when he works on a tough word and gets it right. Hooray!

(Reading is so fun, Adam...I hope you learn to enjoy it like your Dad and I do!)

New this year to his routine is Spanish class. He's learning lots of new words, it seems!

My hope for Adam this year is that he continues to be kind to everyone, make a best friend or three, and gains a bit of confidence to stick up for himself when the need arises (I may or may not have suggested to him that he tells the kid who told him he had to move up towards the front of the bus to "go pound sand.").

His birthday is this weekend and he is beyond excited. He has requested to bring Krispy Kreme donuts to school for his birthday treat. He is going to be surprised with an awesome Lego cake, and lots of Lego presents, I'm sure. I predict a very quiet weekend full of new Lego creations. His idea of heaven!


First day of school, September 4, 2012

No comments: