Saturday, August 1, 2009

Shoes

When we're getting ready to leave the house, one of us usually asks: "Can you go put your shoes on, Adam?" We open the gate and let Adam down by the back door to pick out a pair of shoes and get ready. This week, Miles has started to get upset when Adam goes down by the back door. Maybe he feels like he's going to be left behind or something. Who knows.

So tonight, Jeff and Adam were getting ready to go pick up a pizza for dinner. Miles saw Adam getting his shoes, so he took it upon himself to go into his room and take his shoes from his bookshelf. He marched out of his room trying his hardest to say the word "shoe" and bending down to try to put them on his feet, only to have Jeff and Adam walk out the back door.

Poor Miles! He was so upset. It was as if he was saying: "Hey! Hold on a sec, I'll be right there. Here's my shoes, guys...I got them...now if I could just put them on. Wait. What? You left? How could you?"

I am so impressed he went and got his shoes like that...just proves he understands so much that we say around here, I guess!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

aww that's so cute and so sad at the same time!

Cheryl said...

Too cute! He's trying so hard to be one of the big boys! :) Reminds me of Rachel lately...ever since we've returned from vacation, Rachel always yells, "Don't leave me, Mama!" when we are getting ready to go anywhere. As if she's ever been left behind before.... :)