Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Miles!


How is it possible that an entire year has gone by? It truly seems like just yesterday we were welcoming you into the world.

When you were born, everyone thought you looked just like your brother - including me. Throughout the year, you've made it clear that while you may look a bit like Adam, your personality sets you two apart. You're feisty and determined - you go after what you want. You're a love bug - cuddly and sweet. Adam never wanted anything to do with sitting still, but you will sit on my lap and just be. I love being able to sit with you, smelling your hair and soaking up all of your baby goodness. You're very relaxed - not much sets you off, and you're a true joy to be around.

A year ago, as your due date got closer, I remember being worried and anxious. How would you fit into the family? Would Adam resent not getting all of the attention? Would I be able to love two children equally? On your birth day, all my fears were put to rest. How silly I was! The minute I saw your face, I was in love - a love that only a mother knows. You may be my second born, but you are never second in my heart.

Speaking of love, I love your deep blue eyes. I love that when you nurse, one hand holds mine, while the other covers your eyes. I love it that when you're tired, you suck on your two fingers and rub your ear. I love tickling your feet and hearing you giggle. I love how your eyes light up when you see your brother come into the room. I love how you have made our family brighter, better, more blessed. You are amazing.

So Miles, aka "smiley Miley," "Mr. Miles," and "little brother," I love you. We love you.

Happy Birthday, precious boy.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

damnit you had to go and make my cry...

Happy Birthday Mr. Miles!

jvandy said...

Pass the kleenex, Auntie. Happy Birthday precious boy!