Monday, March 11, 2013

Miles: Five and Fabulous

Oh, Miles.

If I were to ask you five things you like to do, you would say:

1. Lego
2. Watching Star Wars
3. Coloring
4. Playing with Adam
5. Swimming


If I were to ask you five things you do not like, you would say:

1. Eating dinner (breakfast and lunch are fine)
2. Reading books
3. Going to preschool
4. Vegetables
5. Leaving the house (you love to be at home)

If you were to ask me five things I love about you, I would say:

I love your creativity. You have the ability to make incredibly elaborate Lego creations in the blink of an eye. It's really impressive. The other day you made a creature from Star Wars and it involved turning light sabers into articulating legs (like a spider). Really, really cool.

I love how you love Adam. I know your relationship with him will change as the years go on - you will love him, you may hate him, but hopefully you will love him again as an adult. For now, you know that the bond between you and your brother is strong. Not to say the two of you don't fight - because you do, and it usually ends up in you punching him - but for the most part, the two of you are best buddies, and it's wonderful.

I love spending the afternoons with you. Knowing that you'll be in Kindergarten next year, I have been cherishing the time we spend together in the afternoons. Just you and I, while Julian takes a nap and before Adam gets home from school. Some days we spend time on the couch, you looking at Lego Star Wars book, usually. Other days we do some coloring. And yes, other afternoons I let you watch a few cartoons all bundled up in a blanket with a snack. You're only 5 once, right?

I love to hear you laugh! You have the best belly laugh in town when tickled. Or when laughing at fart jokes. Or other things boys your age find funny.

I love your zest for life. Always up for something new, something fun, something that burns of energy. You are in it to win it, and do (almost) everything with a happy attitude. You are so much fun to have around, Miles Andrew.

Happy 5th Birthday, Smiley Miley. Mama loves.



No comments: