Thursday, July 8, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award



My friend Karen nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Why thank you, Karen!

Here's how it works:
1. Thank whoever gave you the award.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that readers may not know
3. Pay it forward by nominating bloggers you’ve recently discovered.

So...drum roll, please:

1. In the 4th grade my teacher saved me from death by giving me the heimlich maneuver. Or at least I like to think she was saving me from death. I was choking on an Oreo cookie and could not breathe. At all. If it hadn't been for her, I may have been a goner. To this day, I think that's the reason I cut up my kids' food in bitty pieces and have a slight fear of choking myself. And yes, I do know how to do the maneuver myself. Do you?

2. I wish I had been gotten my degree in nursing instead of business. I would be a hell of a nurse.

3. I sleep with a stuffed elephant that I've had since I was, oh, 8 or 9. In college, I took it to a seamstress and had her re-sew the seams for me. It seems that I may need to have that done again, only this time, I can use the excuse that it is my "son's favorite animal" instead of admitting that it is mine.

4. I dislike shopping, and most of the time, my wardrobe proves this to be true.

5. I've had a girl's name picked out since 1996. It's unfortunate, however, since Jeff appears unable to produce girls.

6. I stop for Hugh Grant movies on TV.

7. While I doubt I would actually go through with it, I often think about where I would put a tattoo and what I would have it say or look like. Maybe one day...Badass, huh?

And now, tag you're it, down below!

Rachel
maria
cheryl
stacy
melissa
kristin

1 comment:

Maria Johns said...

Katie, These are soo funny interesting!! Thank God for your fourth grade teacher!! I've also had a girl's name picked out for awhile (Ruth Eden) we will see if we get one! And I completely agree you would have made a helluva nurse....there's still time. Im actually thinking of going back now and getting my masters.
Thanks for nominating me....so excited!